FirstBank Bilingual Telephone Loan Specialist in Lakewood, Colorado
Requisition Number 18-1167
Post Date 10/5/2018
Title Headquarters Staff
Title Detail Bilingual Telephone Loan Specialist
Description As a Denver Post Top Workplaces award winner six years in a row (2012-2017), FirstBank provides many great benefits for being part of our family. From competitive salaries, an employer-contributed 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Plan, to annual holiday parties and more, you will be appreciated and feel at home at FirstBank.
A Telephone Loan Specialist is responsible for assisting customer over the phone and through other digital channels regarding secured loans. Primary job functions include quoting rates, consulting with the customer to determine the best loan product for their needs, and completing applications on behalf of the customer. The individual will develop a deep understanding of mortgages and other loan products, and will manage a pipeline of potential loans from lead generation to closing. A CDL Specialist will work closely with a Loan Specialist, Loan Operations, and branch Officers to move loans to closing. The individual is responsible for meeting FirstBank’s professionalism and customer service standards, department goals, service level objectives, and managing consumer loan files. A CDL Specialist should serve as a resource for other CDL employees and take an active role in training and assisting with high level strategy discussions. Additionally, a Specialist should be able to help customers and the department on both sides of the loan transaction; including the coordinator and the originator positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct loan interviews over the phone and discuss loan product accurately.
• For internet applications, contact the customer to confirm receipt, ask follow up questions, and serve as a direct contact for the customer during the loan process.
• Quote rates and terms related to the customer’s request.
• Utilize strategy and problem solving skills to navigate different loan products and make recommendations based on the customer’s needs.
• Convert loan interviews into applications which require inputting all borrower information into the 1003 form and loan management systems.
• Work with customers to collect all loan related documentation for underwriting submission.
• Be able to accurately determine documentation requirements for specified loan types.
• Submit complete loan application packages via LRMS to ensure disclosures are delivered and underwriting can begin processing the file.
• Communicate to the borrower follow up questions or additional documentation requirements from underwriting in a timely manner.
• Provide guidance to borrowers about loan details and next steps. This includes the introduction of the Loan Specialist to ensure a smooth transition of the file from the Originator to the Specialist.
• Communicate to the borrower loan approval, suspense, or denial and answer related questions.
• Perform follow up work as necessary to convert mortgage leads to applications and pre-qualifications to applications.
• Contact potential customers utilizing FirstBank’s lead generator.
• Ability to perform both the coordinator position and the originator position effectively, while maintaining FirstBank’s customer service standards and department objectives.
• Has a deep knowledge of defined sections of Loan Policy, Appraisal Policy, and general underwriting concepts, and secondary market guidelines.
• Be a resource for other CDL employees regarding best practices, loan processes, and regulatory issues.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy
Candidate is required to be fluent in Spanish and English
Position starts at $16.65 per hour plus commissions based on sales.
Position includes FirstBank Headquarters campus employee benefits such as: FirstBank Fitness Center, Craft Café and Deli, Game Room, 4th Floor Rooftop Patio, RTD/Light Rail Eco Pass with free shuttle from Oak Street Station, and dry cleaning services onsite.
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Typically requires a minimum of 2 years related experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Knowledge and experience in the mortgage and banking industry
• Previous sales experience, including sales over the phone
• Ability to work independently and as a team player
• Ability to multi-task and manage to deadlines
• Customer service and detail oriented
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Excellent phone skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient problem-solving skills
• Proficient computer skills focused on Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Excel
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An individual in this position:
• Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
• Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
• Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
• Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
• Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
• Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday
Part Time No
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)