FirstBank Credit Risk Analyst in Lakewood, Colorado
Requisition Number 18-1417
Post Date 12/11/2018
Title Headquarters Staff
Title Detail Credit Risk Analyst
Description Credit Analysts represent the second of three levels in the Business Credit Department. The Credit Analyst will perform underwriting, financial analysis, and recommendations on new, existing, and renewing business loan requests to include the bank’s most complex current and prospective commercial borrowers. Financial analysis includes cash flow and balance sheet observations of both the business and guarantors, in addition to structure, source of repayment, industry specific trends, and other risk factors. The borrowers analyzed include a diversified portfolio of companies from a variety of industries. On an ongoing basis, business credits are monitored through borrowing base calculations and covenant testing. In addition, this position is also responsible for providing analysis for other financial exposures of the bank including vendor relationships, ACH originators, and portions of the commercial credit card portfolio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare financial statement spreads and perform credit analysis on historical and projected financial information.
• Provide recommendations for credits while taking the bank’s policies and federal regulations into consideration.
• Analyze business assets that serve as collateral and determine credit availability.
• Identify emerging risks in the portfolio.
• Determine and assign risk score of current and prospective vendor relationships with supervision.
• Monitor existing loans and/or loan portfolios to identify potential weakness in credit outstanding.
• Assist market officers with business loan renewals.
• Provide support to commercial lenders by performing research and statistical analysis.
• Interpret Loan Policy and regulations with supervision.
• Create and maintain reports which reflect trends and the financial condition of business customers.
• Train and mentor Associate Analysts
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
• Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy.
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in related field (Business, preferably Finance or Accounting) and a minimum of 2 years of related professional experience. A combination of post-high school education, job related certification and related professional experience equivalent to 5 years may be considered in lieu of minimum requirements.
• Ability to be bonded
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics or Business with an emphasis in Finance or Accounting.
• Previous experience originating and structuring business loans, and monitoring performance to identify emerging risk.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong understanding of personal and business financial statements and tax returns
• Ability to assess cash flow and credit worthiness through underwriting and credit analysis
• Strong understanding of the banking/lending industry
• Strong PC skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Analytical and decision making skills
• Thorough understanding of credit file documentation
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• High initiative and self-motivation
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Detail oriented
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An individual in this position:
• Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
• Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
• Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
• Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
• Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
• Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday
Part Time No
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)