FirstBank Web Systems Administrator in Lakewood, Colorado
Requisition Number 18-1379
Post Date 11/26/2018
Title IT Professional
Title Detail Web Systems Administrator
Description Do you have experience as a Web System Administrator (Linux and IIS)? Are you interested in automation tools and practices?
Continued growth at FirstBank and technical advancements have contributed to Information Technology's expansions that are paving the way for additional improvements that will benefit the customers and employees. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about technology and possesses strong attention to detail to join the Web Operations team. The growing IT staff works in a highly collaborative environment with a strong focus to continue to support FirstBank's commitment to our customers and employees.
Responsible for the administration, maintenance and performance of web services in support of external customer facing and internal corporate web applications in a 24x7 enterprise environment. Individuals in this position work as part of a team with other Web Server Administrators to review performance of existing systems and provide recommendations to improve overall systems performance, security and resiliency that meet service level objectives. Participate in on-call rotation and after-hours work as required by system implementations, outages or upgrades. Individuals in this position may work independently on assigned projects with minimal supervision.
As a Denver Post Top Workplaces award winner seven years in a row (2012-2018), FirstBank provides many great benefits for being a part of our family. From competitive salaries, employer-contributed retirement and health plans, some reduced fee banking services, paid time off, employer paid basic life insurance, short-term and long term disability policies, to holiday parties and more, you will be appreciated and made to feel at home at FirstBank.
FirstBank provides a high-paced work environment with different projects landing on your desk routinely. From building the back-end of new products, improving current products and designing internal systems, to managing our security systems, maintaining and improving infrastructure and much more, no week is the same. This is a challenging position that comes with great rewards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for administration, implementation and upgrades for Linux and IIS Web Application Server environments
• Manage the promotion of code and configuration changes through development, UAT, and production
• Manage projects involving existing and new technical solutions; responsibilities include planning, scheduling, and coordinating all aspects of the project
• Communicate with management on the status of projects and problem resolution efforts
• Assist in the design of the systems and server infrastructure for new solutions following procedures listed in the Infrastructure Policies and Procedures manual as well as the Information Protection Policy manual
• Maintain appropriate tools used to monitor and tune application performance
• Perform problem investigation and resolution for system outages in coordination with other IT teams and Business departments
• Create and troubleshoot automated processes; manually complete tasks when automation fails
• Maintain knowledge of current and developing technologies, recommend evaluation of technologies that would benefit the IT infrastructure
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned
• Understand and comply with all provisions of the Safety in the Workplace policy
Will consider hiring into a lower career stage
Requirements MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• Degree in Computer Sciences or other technical field with a minimum of 3 years related work experience
• Non-degreed personnel must have a minimum of 7 years related work experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OF POSITION
• 5 or more years experience administering web application servers such as WebSphere and WebSphere Liberty
• Working knowledge with the following tools: Python scripting, Ansible (Tower), Jenkins
• Experience in the software development methodologies
• Working level of experience in automation tools and knowledge of scripting languages
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple projects and multiple tasks while meeting agreed upon objectives
• Experience with Linux web applications and Linux server administration
• Strong technical problem-solving skills
• Good understanding of web server load balancing concepts and experience with highly available distributed environments
• Thorough understanding of Java/Java EE concepts (JDBC, JMS/MQ, JSP, JNDI, etc.) is required
• Good working knowledge of Oracle database systems
• Experience with working on Linux platforms and strong bash shell scripting skills
• Good time management, documentation, and communication skills
• Strong understanding of web protocols, TCP/IP and technologies such as HTTP, HTTPS and SSL
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work is performed in an office environment with moderate noise levels and light to heavy traffic. An individual in this position:
• Frequently remains stationary throughout a typical business day
• Frequently operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
• Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, and other rooms
• Occasionally positions self to access drawers and shelves of various heights
• Frequently reaches for and handles paperwork and files
• Constantly communicates with customers, coworkers, and management in-person and on the phone
• Must be able to exchange accurate information
Work Hours Monday through Friday
Part Time No
FirstBank is an EOE/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other applicable status protected by state or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
FirstBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with FirstBank’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-I.35(c)